THE ANYWHERE OFFICE OF TOMORROW
Five Strategic Areas
Defining Anywhere Ops
To uncover all the insights,
access the full Anywhere Operations report now.
Last year saw the widespread disruption of every industry on the planet. Many organisations saw drastic changes in the way they work, with the most notable shift being the overnight adoption of remote working. But the year was full of similar reactionary strategic steps. Understanding that the pandemic will one day end, businesses are looking to take back some element of control, and to build a strategy for the future of work that reflects where we are now – and fuelling recovery and growth in the process.
In a recent CEO.digital survey, we aimed to help business leaders define the best strategic directions for 2021. We focused on the major tech trends and latest business strategies of 2021, but we soon discovered something that united every one of our C-Suite respondents: the need to build a hybrid working model of office and home work. This year will see the arrival of Anywhere Operations.
For C-Suite leaders in 2021, there are five strategic areas to address if they are to succeed with building a hybrid workplace: Workspaces; Culture; Cloud; Experience; Cybersecurity. Read our full Anywhere Operations report to learn more from thought leaders in the field.
The future of work is a blend of office and home working environments. It’s up to the C-Suite to find the right balance to get the benefits of both.
Hybrid workplaces and Anywhere Operations require a rethink of how C-Suite leaders approach corporate culture. We must become digital native, review management structures, and enhance onboarding.
Organisations are reconsidering what it means to have an office space. IT leaders are looking at whether it’s worth keeping on-prem infrastructure. Is the time right to move to public cloud?
Experience is more important than ever. Consumers – and employees – want and expect seamless digital experiences. How are organisations transforming to provide a hybrid, anywhere customer experience?
Anywhere Operations is also seeing an increase in cybersecurity vulnerabilities as the attack surface grows. Where are the threats coming from, and what can cybersecurity leaders do to stop them?
Digital & Physical – The Hybrid Workplaces of Tomorrow
• C-Suite leaders and their workforces are opting for a hybrid combination of remote working and office-based working. What does this mean for the future of work?
• Digital workspaces are gaining even greater traction among organisations. 56% of our survey respondents said Anywhere Operations would be the defining strategic area of 2021.
• We discuss the value of taking a human-centred approach to building a digital workspace to streamline processes and collaboration, boost productivity and enhance employee wellbeing.
• With less time spent in the office, how will the office space evolve? Discover more about how business leaders are looking at building analytics to make the most of “cognitive gymnasiums”.
Which of Gartner’s nine strategic areas to define 2021 will have the greatest impact?
* We surveyed C-Suite leaders across industries at the end of 2020.
Redefining Corporate Culture in an Era of Accelerated Transformation
• We’ve seen “five years of transformation in just three months” since the start of the pandemic. Necessity has driven us, but what effect has this had on corporate culture?
• When we don’t share the same physical space, what can business leaders do to foster a cohesive culture of innovation? Our contributors give their insights in the full report.
• It’s not just about how to make hybrid working models work – it’s about ensuring the company thrives. Trust and accepting digital transformation will be among the defining management traits for success.
• Some companies were primed for the digital transformation acceleration. Why, and what can traditional organisations do to catch up with their digital-native cousins?
Those organisations that would really benefit from remote working were those organisations that already had that trust in place because the leaders knew their team were focused on the common goal.
On-Prem vs Off-Prem Data Centres in 2021 – Time for a Rethink?
• With so much effort put into building an Anywhere Operations model, some IT leaders have realised their on-site infrastructure may not be fit for purpose. Why, and what can they do about it?
• Locked-in to vendors, unable to scale as and when they need to, organisations are turning to the cloud as they seek to respond faster and smarter to our unpredictable environment.
• New innovations in AI and data analytics are requiring a rethink of the traditional, on-site use of servers, especially now given most employees aren’t physically in the office.
• Over half of our survey respondents said there would be a greater embrace of cloud-native tech and SaaS apps this year. They also said companies would struggle to process and extract value from data.
Prepare for a Customer Experience Revolution… And More Direct-to-Consumer
• Physical retail hasn’t gone anywhere, but the pandemic has forced traditional companies to hear the clarion call of omnichannel and its necessity. What will the future of experience look like?
• Seamless experiences will be key to healing the economy moving forwards, as we see not just hybrid working models but the further hybridisation of everything, including how we shop.
• With physical stores unfortunately seeing a “thinning out”, will we see greater adoption of Direct-to-Consumer strategies? What does this micro-distribution mean for experience?
• What lessons can professional businesses take from retailers and ecommerce in terms of communication as they seek to enhance digital workspaces?
How do you see technology evolving over the next 5 years?
* We surveyed C-Suite leaders across industries at the end of 2020.
Sensor technology is a strategic enabler, it’ll really help get employees back to work, kids back to school, and customers back to stores.
CEO, Hyve Dynamics
Keeping the Show on the Road with Adaptive Cybersecurity
• With everyone working separately, there’s never been more opportunity for malicious agents to attack businesses – and they are taking that chance, despite the pandemic.
• Social engineering has seen a startling rise, with isolated and distributed employees more vulnerable to deception tactics. What can CISOs and business leaders do to stop the threat?
• Is a hybrid working model leading to a growth of “Shadow IT”? Will IT leaders have to review access, network security and training procedures this year to resecure the organisation?
• Striking the balance between home and office working will require a rethink of security strategies this year. Where should you begin? Our contributors give their thoughts.
Drawing on insights from a range of interviews with C-Suite thought leaders and a targeted survey, our free report shines a light on the key strategies for building a successful hybrid working model.
Start and enhance your own journey towards building a truly Anywhere Operation right here.