The CEO.digital Show Episode 11
Lisa Forte is the guest for this week’s edition of The CEO.digital Show, here to discuss the cyber threats facing organisations and the lessons business leaders can take from mountaineering and space exploration.
Not many people have had a career quite as exciting as Lisa Forte. After studying Law, she went into maritime law and security, helping to keep ships safe from literal pirates, before fully embracing her passion for security and joining the UK police. She worked in counterterrorism and cybercrime units before establishing Red Goat Security in 2017. Now, Lisa’s a professional speaker, trainer, entrepreneur, documentary personality and vlogger. She was named one of the Top 100 Women in Tech. Lisa is also an expert in social engineering, insider threats, and helping large organisations rehearse (wargame) for a cyberattack.
In short, we knew this discussion was going to be good. Here’s what we spoke about:
- We heard about Lisa’s experience coming into a male-dominated industry, and what it took to excel within that environment
- Why there’s no sacred line that cybercriminals won’t cross, and how the healthcare sector has been targeted in the past year,
- Lisa discussed the dangers of social engineering, including a worrying case of romance fraud
- The value space exploration and adventurous activities like mountaineering can bring to businesses and leadership approaches
- How Lisa co-founded Cyber Volunteers 19, a 3,000-strong force of volunteers dedicated to helping enhance the cybersecurity of hospitals around Europe during the pandemic
The full podcast is available now on all major platforms. Remember to follow/subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Listen to an audio clip of the podcast
About our Guest
Co-Founder & Partner,
Read Goat Security
Lisa is Co-Founder & Partner at Red Goat Cyber Security. She also co-founded the Cyber Volunteers 19 initiative that is a 3000 strong force of volunteers helping hospitals around Europe stay secure during the pandemic. She worked for one of the UK Police Cyber Crime Units before co-founding Red Goat Cyber Security in 2017 to provide social engineering and cyber-attack exercising expertise to companies around the world.
• Lisa Forte was a contributor to CEO.digital’s report The Anywhere Office of Tomorrow. You can read the full report here.
Welcome to the CEO.digital Show, a new peer-to-peer podcast series where we’ll be talking to influential thought leaders about how tech is continuing to change the way the world does business.
The CEO.digital Show is brought to you by hosts Darcie Thompson-Fields and Craig McCartney. Each week, we’ll be interviewing major thought and industry leaders to learn how they are embracing new technologies and strategies to create new value and success for their companies. Find us on all major podcast streaming platforms.