What’s the difference between a great campaign message, one that cuts through and inspires your audience to take action, and a campaign that falls flat on its face? In this episode, we got to the bottom of exactly that as we chatted to Jeremy Connell-Waite, the Global Communications Designer of IBM, esteemed thought leader and storytelling wizard.
It isn’t every day that you get to meet one of your heroes, but The CEO.digital Show host Craig McCartney had the opportunity recently when we invited Jeremy Connell-Waite to appear on the show!
Jeremy is world-famous for his business storytelling acumen, having worked with global giants like Facebook, Salesforce and Adobe. He’s a disciple of great speech writers from the past like Ted Sorensen, and a keen climate action advocate. But above all, Jeremy is passionate about crafting stories that cut through the noise and capture the imaginations of his readers and listeners.
In this exclusive interview, we learned more about Jeremy’s career and his insights, including:
- What makes a great enterprise story, and what will make the C-Suite listen
- Details on new and exciting reports from IBM on building trust advantages in the data-driven era
- Inspirational stories from the world over, like runners attempting to maintain the pace of World Record Marathon holder Eiliud Kipchoge
- The neuroscience behind why well-crafted messages will prevail – and why others won’t
- Why the C-Suite now finds itself in the driving seat of societal change, especially when it comes to sustainability
- Details on Jeremy’s work with Al Gore on climate change (mentioned in the podcast is Al Gore’s TED talk, The new urgency of climate change)
- And key techniques for building a compelling, even irresistible message and story
The full podcast is available now on all major streaming services, including Apple Podcasts, Spotify and more.
What [CMOs] need to work more on is applying more economic value to their stories. Because measuring reach, engagement, preference, consideration, awareness, just doesn’t cut it. People outside of marketing don’t care. But in terms of storytelling, they’re among the best in the business.
Global Communications Designer,
Global Communications Designer, IBM
Jeremy Connell-Waite is IBM’s Global Communications Designer, working with purpose-driven brands to help them tell more meaningful stories that impact, people, profits and the planet. He is also proud to be a European leader for Al Gore’s Climate Reality Project. Jeremy founded a brand consultancy in 2001, has written four books and worked with Facebook, Twitter, Salesforce and Adobe. (He also worked briefly as a giraffe keeper!)
Head of Digital & Content,
Welcome to The CEO.digital Show, a new peer-to-peer podcast series where we’ll be talking to influential thought leaders about how tech is continuing to change the way the world does business.
The CEO.digital Show is brought to you by hosts Darcie Thompson-Fields and Craig McCartney. Each week, we’ll be interviewing major thought and industry leaders to learn how they are embracing new technologies and strategies to create new value and success for their companies. Find us on all major podcast streaming platforms.